4.27.2008

New etsy shop!



I opened my second etsy shop last night! It was a long time in the works. I made my banner all by myself. No small feat. Photoshop and I have communication style differences. It's not the banner I envisioned but I like it a lot and at least it got me up and flying. Speaking of flying, here is my little airplane avatar for the housewife! How adorable is this?



I had a sale already within the first hour of listing so I am very pleased and hoping it isn't a one time fluke! Hey, life is a risk. I'm not always big on jumping off the cliff, but I believe in this and it is something I enjoy naturally so I am following my heart.

I have many themes in mind and will be adding to the shop all week. Hope you'll all have a fly by! Here's the link: flyinghousewife

7 comments:

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

Ok, you win the most creative shop! I love this idea. Are you going to be posting more unique handwritten letters with recycled goods combos? For us Treasury creators, like Kim and myself, just a suggetsion--perhaps make your first photo of the item--like that of the bookmark---like how you did w/ your lemon bar recipe, then we can use it in a treasury and people will know what it is from the get go and click on it.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Joonie, this is wonderful!! What a unique idea! Many blessing going your way for great success!

AltheaP said...

Joonie, great start on your shop. You have such a wonderful approach to everything you do, I know you'll succeed.

robayre said...

Joon, this is such a brilliant idea. I love, love, love it! I just love mail. I'm guessing you do to:D
Have you ever done postcrossing? I used to be obsessed with it and handmade mailart postcards.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/robayre/sets/1083801/
I still like making them and do so ocassionally.
Anyway, this is just a brilliant idea. Mail rules, I think I might just have to buy a letter from you.

missknits said...

ohhh awesome new shop!! and yay on the first sales already!

Kitty said...

This is SUCH a fun idea!!! I don't know if we've discussed this similarity, but i LOVE writing letters, too! REAL letters. On paper. From the heart. Long and train-of-thought-esque. Drawings included OF course. This is great :) I'm keeping my eye on the shop for one that calls out to me... I have a friend from college with whom I've written many a letter. I am just on the border of whether he would love it, or whether he would feel a little jilted that it wasn't from me. Either way, I'm eager to "order a letter". Especially from YOU! That means it's gotta be great! Good luck with it, although I see you're already quite popular!! :)

Kitty said...

p.s. The friend I'm talking about is the one for whom I made the "birthday ditty from kitty" watercolor/poem.... (did you see that post from early April?)...