2.22.2009

Starry Starry Night


Dream Big Dear Scout

We love Oscar Night. We love film. Our favorite films have it all ... exquisite cinematography, extraordinary musical scores, wonderful characters, wonderfully portrayed and, best of all, perfect dialogue.

I have plans to add a flying housewife letter with my top movie picks & reviews. I love reading people's favorite movies. I can't be the only one.

For today, I have this Wonder Boys Trailer from the NYTimes site. I am not sure I can watch this movie too many times. And the significance of it revolving around a writer's life is not lost on me. I hope you'll view the trailer and find it enticing. If this is already one of your favorite films, please leave me a note.

Meanwhile, Scout ~ lucky me: a fellow Wonder Boys fan ~ asked me the other day if being a screenwriter is dreaming too big for a 14 year old. Since then, a number of interesting signs have validated {what I know you all know was} my response. Screenplay books checked out from the library.

See you all from the Oscars some day. :)


You're a Star Just As You Are
But There's An Infinite Universe Waiting Out There Just For You

ox joon

6 comments:

Kary said...

Love this BloG post! Thanks for reminding all of us to 'dream big'!
HugZ to you & Scout!

jstinson said...

Great blog. I hope all of your favorites win tonight and will look forward to Scout thanking her mom from the Oscar's podium some day.

Chauncey said...

I'm with Joni.... I can't wait to see Scout at the Oscars! Great post Joonie, nothing wrong with dreaming big!

Zuda Gay Pease said...

I love watching award shows!! Someday, I'll be cheering when Scout goes up to get her Oscar for best screen play! :) All the winners were once 14 year olds with big dreams. :) I haven't seen Wonder Boys, I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

~*~Pearl~*~ said...

hey I stopped by.. woohoo awesome post

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

Joon, thanks so much for sharing that clip of "Wonder Boys". I'm going to go out to Walmart and see if they have it in stock. That looks like a winner. Also, I have that very same artistic envelope and card....LoVed it! Thanks! Hope your Oscar nite was a blast. Tell Scout to go for what she wants to do and not what she thinks she should do. She's lucky she has terrific parents like you 2 supporting her all the way. :)