4.19.2011

4.19.11 ... my first ever rubber stamp

4

i promised you a substantial creation today and here it is. my little love alligator stamp. i took step by step photos ...

4

i have made one and only one linocut and i'd love to make more. that one was about 3 years ago. boy am i slow. i've always wanted to make rubber stamps and today i tried my first one. i had no experience at all or any idea of what i was doing. so i saw my ed emberley book and scout really loves his books. so do i but she has more of an influence on my decision making process. i loved this alligator so i started there. i drew an image. i went over it again with my pencil so i could make a rubbing onto the stamp material. i used my bone folder to do that. then i cut the rectangle off of the larger stamp piece and started to carve out my little guy.

4

when i was done enough that i felt it was time to test it out i made some experimental stamps.

4

if you follow the numbers you will see how i adjusted the cut design until i got to the final image. i had to abandon the think green which i expected. this is a very intricate design and ambitious undertaking for my first project but i do love how it turned out. and i love that i thought to add the heart. i can write think green - and many other eco happy phrases - by hand.

4

evan was sweet enough to make me a wooden block and i know i will have much more control over the images with that. the adhesive is setting overnight.i will make some more tomorrow. hope you enjoyed today's creation and post. 

sweet dreams, everyone. thanks for stopping by. until tomorrow. happiness to you. from me. with heart. ox joon

No comments: