4.25.2011

4.25.11 ... fun with recycled packaging personality

4

one day last week or so i played around with making my own packaging out of return envelopes provided in bills. now that i pay online - or i am not interested in whatever someone is trying to sell me - i have a lot to recycle. and i use them in so many ways. oh! speaking of that, guess what? i used my homemade stickers - the ones i made from unused envelope flaps - that i shared here recently. for the first time. this flower pot went into an empty tissue box so i cut a card to cover the opening on top and put the address on. there was some type down in the corner so i said 'aha! i can use one of those envelope stickers.' it was perfect. looks great too. i wish i'd gotten a photo. it was a very dark day and i had a hard time getting photos so i was crabby photographer gal.

4

returning to this project ... i had the red squiggles from a valentine surprise so i mixed in my papers and tossed in some of my miniature hearts. they are hard to see but the next photo reveals a couple of them if you look closely.

4

the second package really floored me because i reached for a piece of card stock and this one caught my eye. i grabbed it because i loved the color and almost fell off of my chair when i saw the paint name --- swiss coffee! how nuts is that? i love serendipity. i only have four or five of those paint cards and i never looked at the names because we were rushing that day. and, of course, that was before i made these magnets.

4

these sold very quickly. that's always a pleasant occurrence. it is hard for my handmade shop ( joonbeam.etsy.com ) to get noticed.

4

i had this idea at the last minute. how cute is this little card? and, again, i can't believe that i found the coffee type. i used one of those silly safety envelopes for this one, too. 


sweet dreams, everyone. thanks for stopping by. until tomorrow. happiness to you. from me. with heart. ox joon

No comments: