2.02.2010

Recipe Pockets

Happy Day Two Everyone...

Today I made recipe card holders recycling vintage, discarded library book pockets. Each pocket can hold about one dozen index cards, which fit in here perfectly. For the design, I combined my love of collage and colored pencil/markers. Above and below, you can see some of my clippings selected from an old Better Homes & Garden junior cookbook. I have them separated by color and keep them in petri dishes. :)

I chose 'Bread & Circus' because of the grocery stores that were in the Boston area for many years. This will be a happy reminder of our many happy visits with our sons and our subsequent residence there.

I plan on laminating the pockets and making coordinating recipe cards. I will then attach a flat magnet {I use business card size} to the back. Your recipes for the week can be as close and handy as your fridge door.

Bon Appetit!

It's a great day for America, everybody. Yes it is.

Posted via email from just joon

No comments: