1.30.2011

1.30.11 ... my first sweet potato pie

 

the other day we baked two giant sweet potatoes while we were baking another dinner so we could conserve energy and time. i have always wanted to bake a sweet potato pie but i could never save a sweet potato because they are so fabulous. so, there's a tip ladies and gentlemen ::: have another irresistible meal like enchiladas while you bake your sweet potato and you'll be able to save it for pie. this morning i had a request for my famous french toast so i decided to make my crust beforehand while i was still relatively chipper. picture my family laughing uproariously at the concept of me being cheery. especially before noon. at any rate, here are two all ready for the fridge. not sure yet what kind of pie i want to make with crust #2. maybe a quiche. maybe a lemon or chocolate cream. oh, scout just went nuts over the sound of quiche for dinner tomorrow night so there's that.
here is the pie before it went into the oven...


isn't it pretty? i had to take these two photos with my iphone. and here is the finished pie. it just came out of the oven a few minutes ago.


i'll let you know how delicious it is in my next post. the french toast was a hit, by the way. and my other main project of the day was re-taking photos for my shops and organizing my buttons, magnets and vintage jewelry. i took over 200 photos and am happy with the results. thank heavens. what a job. if you'd like the pie recipe let me know. i'll print it up for y'all.
sweet dreams, everyone. thanks for stopping by. until tomorrow. happiness to you. from me. with heart. ox joon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is one tasty pie!