11.30.2008

~ Flannel Day ~


The Traditional Holiday Begins...


Thanks to Jon Cody, who made his own gorgeous bagels and sent us a glorious photo and the recipe, look how we celebrated the First Ever Flannel Day! Evan outdid himself. The only thing better is when Jon Cody, Val and Dusty come in February and we make another batch all together! I love that I have a 25 year old son who teaches himself how to make bagels. His can be seen HERE. Until next time... ox joon


PS. Oh, I invented Flannel Day today and it will be an annual holiday falling on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Such fun! Wear flannel. Get cozy (in flannel). Eat comfort foods (in flannel). Be a homebody (in flannel). Shop from home (in flannel). Bake (in flannel). Read (in flannel). Build a fire (in flannel). Watch a favorite movie (in flannel). Watch a cheesy holiday classic (in flannel). Your turn...add some Flannel Day Favs for us in the comments section. Go Flannel!

10 comments:

Chauncey said...

Happy Flannel Day, my friend! I did a few of those things listed to celebrate this new holiday and I feel good about it!!

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

OMG, those look so yummy! : )

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Well done, Evan!! The bagels look fabulous!! Play your favorite games (in flannel). Make a big pot of Turkey Noodle Veggie Soup using leftovers from Thanksgiving (in flannel).

jstinson said...

Now Joon, you know that by saying that "Joni may want to skip this" I would have to wade right in! Those bagels look wonderful and afterall, bagels are relatively low in fat! And only viewing them is fat free!

I love the concept of Flannel Day. We have "Thanksgiving Re-visited" the day after Thanksgiving. Everyone returns to eat up the left overs!

Beth said...

I'm loving flannel day especially with these gorgeous looking bagels. yumm

jch said...

Woot woot! Awesome bagels Ev! Happy flannel day one and all!

The Filigree Garden said...

These look SO good!

Jill said...

Hip hip hurray for Flannel Day!!! And left over dessert.

You could list items on Etsy or paint ceramics in your Flannels.

Diane ~ said...

Oh Joon, I love your idea ~ Flannel Day!! I can't wait till next year!! ♥

Laura Flavin said...

I love it Joon, Happy Flannel Day. The Bagels look scrumptious!!
xoxo, L