6.23.2009

To The Moon in Austin TeXaS


I wanted to be a space man. That's what I wanted to be.

On Father's Day, we visited the wonderful LBJ Museum for the first time.
It was Evan's afternoon. He LOVES the space program
and there's a traveling exhibit...
To The Moon: The American Space Program in the 1960's.
...here through July 20th.


a dream. vision. willpower.
competition. cooperation.
problem solving. creative thinking
dedication.



Beat The Russians to the Moon ~ at home!


One of our favorites.


Scout took every photo here...


...except this one. :)



We loved finding these old phone booths.



Is that my space pen? I need that.

Of course we had to visit the museum gift shop.
They always have the coolest things, don't they?
I wish every store was like a museum gift shop.
We snagged this pen for Evan. Now I want one.



I must admit what I know about LBJ can be
safely stored on the head of a pin.
And formerly never inclined to give it much thought.
Until I cast my eyes upon this revelation.
The man loved his beagles.
I see research in my future.


Another adventure for the
wandering Wilkinson family.
We will return many times
and look forward to it.
{and it's FREE 364 days a year. shhhhh}

I hope every wonderful father had a wonderful Sunday.

ox joon

9 comments:

Zuda Gay Pease said...

What a lovely way to spend the day!! We would enjoy this I'm sure. Danny and I toured the Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH for a couple of hours and didn't get to spend enough time to really explore like we wanted to. I don't like to fly, but I love air craft and all types.

Yankeegirl said...

My DH would love this too. Nice way to spend Fathers Day!

gloria said...

I love space stuff! Went to the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. DH has a couple of pens from there - his favorite ones.

What a great trip and blogpost!

Anonymous said...

Loved all of the photos and being able to see your
family is a treat. You had a great time that is the
best. I love space things too. I went to the air and
space museum in DC very nice.

AltheaP said...

Great day! I used to have a space pen. Don't you know LBJ lifted those beagles up by their ears?

Jill said...

Great post Joonie!!!

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

Hi Joon! How have you been? I'm going to make that delish Gingerbread cake (recipe you sent my mom) one of these days bc it looks soooo good. Hope all is well! That's a great way to spend FD. How lucky! :)

Anonymous said...

Here's a secret - my grandpa designed something in that museum! For real. :)

Looks like you guys had a great time - I love space stuff!

Aroma Fields said...

What an exciting adventure! Great photos.
I'm stopping by to thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog. I'm doing better and hope to be back at Etsy by the holiday season.
Thanks again!