5.11.2011

5.11.11 ... mending my anemone

5

i needed to cover this teeny hole before it turned into something irreversibly ruinous. so i went through my trusty labels box and found the navy and pink label. i don't need that one. i just love how it looks so i added it to my task list. here is the label i chose to cover the hole...

5

i chose it because it is small, very soft and worn and has a j which can stand for me. in my mind. and, really, who else's matters?

5

so, i hand stitched it on. this is side a and here is side b...

5

if you're wondering what this is, by the way, it is my anemone. it's a protective case for my pony (iphone). i made it out of two cuffs and a neck ribbing bit from a long sleeved tie dyed t-shirt i repurposed. i love the color. and i think it looks like an anemone. it would look more like one if i hadn't accidentally sewn across the bottom. i meant to sew straight across leaving the ruffle showing on the outside which would match the top rim.but se la vie. i am used to it now. the sun was almost completely set so this last photo, which shows the finished mending and applique design.

5

i know i will enjoy it much more. i love personality in my earthly possessions and creations and this fit that paradigm already but now it is more pizzazz-y. we all need some pizzazz.

sweet dreams, everyone. thanks for stopping by. until tomorrow. happiness to you. from me. with heart. ox joon

No comments: