8.17.2011

8.17.11 ... fixing found art with soul



i spied this at fred a few weeks ago and it may strike you as incredibly looney, but i couldn't bear the thought that this ripped up caricature was going to the dump. so i carefully gathered the three sections and babied it all the way home.

Img_3561

it looks to be a teacher portrait. another reason i couldn't leave it. who could ever discard something so precious and who left it to ruin?

Img_3564

it reminds me of a character straight out of a christopher guest film. well, now he is restored in a housewifey folk art way.

Img_4735

that's good enough for me. i am going to hang him up in my art room as a reminder of all those great teachers who are returning to their classrooms this month. and i bet he is going to bring me good luck. i'll keep you posted. 

sweet dreams, everyone. thanks for stopping by. until tomorrow. happiness to you. from me. with heart. ox joon

No comments: